Semi Permanent Keratin Blowdry
What is a semi permanent blowdry?
A semi permanant blowdry is a temporary straightening process using keratin that transforms frizzy, unruly hair into straight, shiny, healthy hair. Using a high-temp flat iron, the keratin treatment is infused into hair, sealing the cuticle and repairing damage. Hair is stronger, smoother and more manageable. It lasts for up to three months, dependant on how frequently hair is washed.
What is Keratin
Keratin is one of the most durable proteins in nature and the main ingredient in the outer layer of hair. When applied to hair via products or a longer-lasting treatment, keratin smoothes, straightens and eliminates frizz.
- Shine. Softness. Smooth, frizz-free strands that are unfazed by humidity
- Moisture and damage repair.
- Dramatically decreased drying and styling time.
- Sealed colour.
- No grow out. With regular shampooing, hair slowly returns to its pretreatment state.
- Wash hair less frequently to maintain the look longer. For maximum longevity, use a shampoo that doesn't contain Sodium Chloride. A product with UV protection is important too.
- Exposure to chlorine, salt water or excessive sun exposure will shorten the lifespan of the treatment.
- Hair can be cut immediately after the treatment.
- Hair can be coloured before or two weeks afterward. (Colouring hair prior to the treatment seals in the colour, helping to prevent fading
Hair can be coloured before or two weeks afterward. (Colouring hair prior to the treatment seals in the colour, helping to prevent fading.
Is it for you?
Keratin treatments are best for thick, curly, frizzy or coarse hair. Because it repairs the hair, keratin treatments are also good for damaged or chemically treated hair (coloured, permed, relaxed, highlighted or bleached). Keratin treatments are not intended for fine, straight or thin hair. (Though, this hair type can enjoy the benefits of keratin by using keratin products rather than undergoing the treatment.)